Sunday, June 5, 2011

Meta-Blog Post, Fourth Quarter

Please view Hands of (HOW WE VIEW) the World (I will explain my choice later in the post).

Wow. It is already the end of school.  It's funny how slowly and quickly this came up.  I have really loved this American Studies class but I will admit blogging is not my favorite part.  I like to describe my relationship with the blog as something that I appreciate.  I appreciate the fact that it allows you to link to news articles, photos and videos and I appreciate how you can comment on other people's posts.  But I do not like blogging.  I think about potential blog posts often- reading the newspaper, watching movies and even in everyday discussions with my friends- the part that is the hardest part for me is putting it to paper, or rather to keyboard.  It has been a problem consistent with the whole year.  I believe that it is the reason my blogging is so scattered.  I can come up with the ideas easy enough but I delay the process of writing them as long as I can get away with.

Even though my attitude towards blogging hasn't changed much, I feel that I have learned valuable lessons in order to make my posts better each time.  My recent blog post Oxidado was where I learned the importance of blogging about "hot" issues.  I blogged about something I had just seen on AOL news about 5 minutes earlier and ended up getting over 640 views in just two days.  Also with my posts like The Greatest Movie Ever Sold and Oxidado I used videos for the first time.  I really enjoyed linking to videos because personally I would rather watch a clip than read an article and I feel it can be a successful  way to get information across that cannot just be seen through images and text.

I chose Hands of (HOW WE VIEW) the World as the blog post of choice because I feel that it is the post that best emulates the goals of the blog.  In the post, I responded to Dani's earlier post but took a different spin on it, I incorporated an outside source and used photos and asked questions.
All in all, although blogging wasn't my favorite I really learned a lot (this is sounding cheesier by the second but its true, promise!) and I think if I am so motivated I might keep on blogging.  You never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment